Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tis a Good Day in Dhaka

The weather finally broke!

Its now in the 90's most days but it's more of a dry heat and I can walk the 15 minutes to work or the 10 minutes to the ARA and NOT sweat not to mention the kinder running conditions. Some days its almost pleasant to be outside. As I've mentioned before, just when I think the weather's getting nice my colleagues think its getting cold and I'm daily amused at the sweaters and jackets this weather brings.

In other good-days-in-Dhaka happenings, Eid ul Azha - the festival of sacrifice - was celebrated last weekend. Prior to the festival, the roads fill with cows and goats.

Cows lined up for Eid outside my apartment
With more livestock on the street it did smell more barnyard-esque.  I, however, was reminded of home.


Eid Mubarak! 

No comments:

Post a Comment